2006 HP Indigo Press 5000 Four Color Digital Printing Press
Digital Printing Press Description
Transform your business with an affordable digital solution The HP Indigo press 5000 delivers everything you need in a digital press – productivity, profitability and quality. With an affordable investment, you get a complete digital solution that integrates seamlessly into your environment, operates with ease, and delivers maximum utilization. It’s tailor made for differentiating yourself with new applications, such as collateral-on-demand, personalized direct mail, versioned manuals, and photospecialty services.
High productivity and ease-of-use The HP Indigo press 5000 is rich in features that make it easier than ever to use and maintain, bringing a whole new level of efficient performance to your printing operation. It includes:
• Throughput speeds to meet all schedules and deadlines: 4,000 4-color 8.5’’ x 11’’ images per hour (two-up); 8,000 2-color or single-color 8.5’’ x 11’’ images per hour (two-up); and 16,000 full monochrome (1/0) 8.5″ x 11″ images per hour (two-up; recommended with media of 62-138 lb).
• Fast stop and fast switch between jobs to enhance productivity.
• Easy to maintain press systems, such as ink tanks that facilitate the continuous running of the press.
• New paper transport technology minimizes paper jams, while longer life consumables reduce changeover pauses. Three paper feeding trays simultaneously accommodate a variety of substrates to reduce paper switching.
• HP Press Production Manager, the digital front end that together with internet connectivity, offers state-of-the-art job management tools. HP Indigo press 5000 The high performance solution for profitable, color digital printing Best digital print quality
• High definition imaging and unique liquid HP ElectroInk create vibrant color prints and sharp text at up to 812 x 812 dpi resolution and line screens of up to 230 lines per inch.
• 5, 6 and 7-color inking stations augment the 4 process colors with HP IndiChrome on-press and off-press special colors to give you unlimited color opportunities. New HP Indigo Digital Matte ink creates a differential gloss effect that adds a spot varnish look.
• PANTONE® emulation for CMYK with ICC profiles provides optimized simulations for both the press and the specific media.
• Half the cost; twice the speed. Increased printing speed in 1/0 (monochrome mode) up to 16,000 pages per hour (2-up). Ideal for black and white print service providers and digital printers who want to migrate to color and for those looking to expand their offering into monochrome, highlight & mixed jobs. Profitability and new business opportunities
• HP’s newly-formulated line of low cost HP consumables drive down cost-per-page. Plus, a pay-as-you-print program eliminates the need for print volume and consumable usage prediction.
• Reliable electronic collation, automatic duplexing, seamless job changeovers and HP Indigo Yours Truly advanced color personalization, minimize operator intervention and maximize press utilization.
• With a wide choice of media types and weights ranging from 50 lb. text to 130 lb. cover, HP provides you with a major advantage against commercial printing competitors.
Digital Printing Press Specifications
Print engine specifications: 4,000 4-color 8.5” x 11” images per hour (two-up); 8,000 2-color or single-color 8.5” x 11” images per hour (two-up);
Printing speed 16,000 full monochrome (1/0) 8.5” x 11” images per hour (two-up; recommended with media of 62-138 lb.)
Image quality 812 x 812 dpi; 812 x 1,624 dpi when printing in High Definition Imaging (HDI) mode
Line screens 144 (sequin), 160, 175, 180, 230 lpi
Image size 12.1” x 17.7” max.
Paper format 12.6” x 18.5” max.
Paper weight 55 (A1) lb. text – 130 lb. cover coated; 45 lb. text – 110 lb. cover uncoated
HP Indigo inks: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black
Standard 4-color printing Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Orange and Violet
HP IndiChrome 6-color printing PANTONE-licensed HP IndiChrome on-press 6-color printing, using CMYK, as well as orange and violet.
PANTONE Colors PANTONE-licensed HP IndiChrome off-press ink mixing system, for spot color creation, using CMYK, as well as orange, violet, red, green, blue, bright yellow and transparent
Paper input system HP Professional PANTONE Emulation Technology (PANTONE-licensed CMYK values for 4-color PANTONE simulation)
Paper output system Two trays with 9.6” paper capacity (2,400 sheets of 80 lb. text); One tray with 3.3” paper capacity (830 sheets of 80 lb. text)