MBO Z2 Knife Fold Unit
Knife Fold Unit Description
The mobile knife folding units Z 2 and Z 5 with MC Control can be pivoted by 180°, thus allowing folding both from the top and from the bottom. They can be used for various application purposes. Z 5 has a lateral fine adjustment for the entire knife unit. Height is adjusted with a handwheel. The larger infeed width and length of the Z 5 allow to handle larger formats. Especially when used as folding unit II on buckle folding machines, or as folding unit IV on large combi folding machines, even more application options are possible.
• As folding unit IV for 32 pages on combi and buckle folding machines, for manufacturing English, German and international four folds and special folding types.
• For folds parallel to the back fold after the 1st and 2nd cross fold on combi folding machines, combined with the cross carrier.
• Following saddle stitchers for the rectangular small folding of brochures and for folds parallel to the back fold when used in combination with the cross carrier.
• As a signature folding unit for the rectangular or parellel-to-the-back small folding of products in combination with a rotary feeder, cross carrier and a delivery.
• For double gate folds on buckle folding machines after folding unit II, and on combi folding machines in combination with the cross carrier.
• As version Z 2/65 with 65 cm infeed width for the production of geographical maps.