Purup Eskofot DPX Automatic Computer to Plate System w/ Rip Computer
Computer to Plate System Description
The Purup•Eskofot DPX By its design and technology it is a true winner. For more than 20 years now we have been designing and developing internal drum imagesetters and platesetters. This knowledge is also the trademark of DPX 5080. An environmentally friendly, low consuming processor has also been developed and this powerful combination makes all the difference – The 5080 is a Winner.
Fully automatic platemaking without manual labour The DPX is a fully automatic platesetter, this means you do not need an operator to monitor the unit at any time. You simply send your jobs to the Rip, which is set up to your requirement and the ready to use plates are stacked on the outlet tray. All you have to do is pick up the plates and start the press.
Press ready plates, cut to size When the plates are delivered on the tray they are ready to use. The Rip will position your job on the plates automatically according to the set-up you have chosen. The plates are fully exposed and have been cut to size – no trimming is needed. The built-in processor will develop and dry the plates for you. The high repeatabillity of the DPX makes it very easy to punch the plate and quickly achieve excellent register on the press.
State-of-the-art processor Purup•Eskofot’s advanced technology and experience was incorporated into the design of the unique 2-bath polyester plate processor installed in the base of the DPX 5080. The processor operates with just two very small containers, which reduces the amount of chemistry used. Two replenishment bottles are located inside the machine – with enough activator and stabiliser to feed one roll of plate material. The processor’s overflow pipe is designed to control the chemistry level in the processor bath. Excess chemicals will automatically run into a waste container and when this tank is full a warning signal tells the operator to empty the container. All the operator has to do is click the tube onto the container and push the button.
A pump will automatically empty the tank – so there is no contact with the chemicals. Film option for larger format A take-up cassette is also available if needed. The Rip software allows you to change between plates and film very easily. You simply press a rewind button to re-coil the existing media into its lightproof cassette and load the new material, with the absolute minimum of waste.
Easy to service and maintain To empty, clean and refill the unit with chemistry takes less than 10 minutes. With the DPX 5080 no time is wasted working on the machine, as many functions are within the operators capability. Making service fast and easy has been designed into the development of the DPX 5080. The unit’s design is based on modules, which makes it very easy to service and reduces any down time to an absolute minimum.
Computer to Plate System Specifications
Platesetter Unit Technology:
• Digital Exposure System for Silver Halide Polyester or film.
• Internal drum.
• 1 magazine
• Material definition: Up to 10
• Cassette definition: Up to 16
• Capacity of material: Up to 61 m / 220 ft per roll.
• Plate / film thickness: 4 Mil / 0.1 mm – 8 Mil / 0.2 mm
Max Plate Format
• Polyester: 340 x 508 mm / 13,4 x 20”
• Film: 355 x 508 mm / 14 x 20”
• Max. image format: 340 x 488.9 mm / 13.4 x 19.25”
• Image repeatability: 25 µm / 0.00098” over 4 plates
• Edge to image register: Lead edge: +/- 0.4 mm / +/- 0.016” over 4 plates Media side edge: +/- 0.2 mm / +/- 0.008” over 4 plates
• Light source: 675 nm visible red laser diode
• Resolution in dpi: 900 – 3600
• Spot size: 8-26 µm
• 2540 dpi: 28 plates per hour
• 900 dpi: 45 plates per hour
• 2 baths, activator and stabilizer.
• Tank capacity: 3.5 / 2.5 litres (0.9 / 0.6 gallons)
• Active replenishment
• Waste tank capacity: 15 litres (3.9 gallons)
• Computer controlled.
30 – 50°C / 86 – 122°F
• Dimensions (HxWxD): 1300 x 1050 x 1105 mm / 51.2 x 41.4 x 43.5”
• Net weight: 250 kg / 550 lbs
• Power requirements: 200 – 240 V, 50/60 Hz
• Power consumption: 15 Amp